Collage

I was never an artsy person.  Even though I like to think that I have an eye for good design and appreciation of good art, I never got high marks in art class in HK.  But my beloved Merchants of Green Coffee hosted a short documentary screening + collage party fundraiser for a film production team which sounded very interesting, so I decided to invite my colleague Leanne to come with me.  Leanne has hands that make beautiful crafts, cupcakes and even clothes.  
It was a wonderful night.  Women with different backgrounds got together, drinking coffee, chit chatting while riping pages off magazines and books.  The beginning was a little tough.  I didn't know how to start since I am not very good with trusting my creativity.  But most people didn't seem to be experienced and no one seemed to care anyway.  Everyone was just encouraging and admiring everyone's work the way Canadians are.  In the end my finish product is actually not bad.  I'm pleased with it.

At the end of the night, we were shown a short video that the hosts filmed.  Collage making = fun was about a lady in Auburn, New York who found reality in collage and found friends through collage.  I hope the group could raise enough money for their next big plan of creating a documentary about the bankruptcy of Iceland.

Being able to bond with Leanne and find the inner artist in me was a great experience.  It could actually be very relaxing if you just let your mind wander and let your creativity leads.  I might just do it again in the future!

2 comments:

  1. mms said...

    u did 2? they r nice ~

  2. chirpypig said...

    thanks! i did it on both sides.



Copyright 2006| Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly modified and converted to Blogger Beta by Blogcrowds.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.